Texas Texas Stage Five

After reading the article by Texas Texas over Warren's educational plan, I was able to learn a lot. I agree with Bertha on several points she sated. Throughout the article, I was able to learn about how Warren's plan was dedicated to helping impoverished kids, help racial integration into schools, and strict limits on fundings for charter schools. It was interesting to read this because I went to a charter school from 5th grade all the way through high school.

Although I did not read much about charter school funding I found it interesting. I believe her statements about how children should not be separated from the rest of the kids due to them not being able to understand a particular material, to be true and socially right. I was able to relate to the feeling of being glad to be let our early during test weeks. I remember being glad I did not receive homework due to test week and that we should "study" instead when we had been studying for the exams all semester long. Bertha seemed to hit some very good notes, for example, the funding of schools which are based on the student's performance on the exams. This is important to state because I am sure not many people may be aware of this. Allowing the students to understand what their test scores may signify may motivate them to better prepare and ultimately perform better.

Once again, not much on racial integration, but a very interesting concept. To me, it was food for thought, something that kept me thinking about what this could mean and how it could be shown in today's schools. Being a minority this could have directly affected me. In a state where the majority of students who attend a university are caucasian, I feel like I am too personally affected. Warren's plan to improve education K-12 is a very beneficial thing that more people should pay attention to. It can be something many will benefit from and therefore should provide ay support that they can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gerrymandering In Austin

DACA and its effects